Friday, December 27, 2013

Two Things I Never Thought I'd Do

Some of you have heard of these latest changes in my life, but for those family and friends whom I have not had the chance to update, here you go! 

First.  After much prayer and thought, I have decided to go to college to get a degree in psychology.  I have always been fascinated by the way our minds work and have always wanted to understand why people do the things they do. With that, I would like to go into counseling of some sort and maybe even focus on child development or behavior analysis. With a psychology degree I'll be able to explore all of those options as well as move up in my job as a therapist for autistic children. I have never really had the desire to go to college and for a few years I was very much against the idea. But now that I have a direction that I want to go in and something I actually want to work towards I see that college is the way to get there. 
So I will be doing the PACE program at Central Baptist College in Conway Arkansas where I can take classes at night and still work full time. I'm also planning to take CLEP tests for the majority of the general education classes to save time and money. 

Second. As probably all of you know, I very much enjoy the adventure and freedom of being able to jump from place to place. In fact, I have lived in 14 different places in the last 5 years and none of them for more than 9 months, so what I am about to say may shock you. 
My parents are buying me a house; well, a condo to be exact. Paying a mortgage will be cheaper than renting a 1 bedroom apartment and you get a lot more space and it will give them a place to stay when they come to visit, and since I will be going to school for the next 3 or 4 years, I will be at least somewhat planted. So, I'm going to have a home of my very own! And it's in Arkansas!

I am also helping out at the Arkansas Dream Center in Little Rock with the children's program they do on Saturday mornings. I get to run all the sound and tech stuff and it is definitely the highlight of my week getting to hang out with those kids as well as getting to play with all the fun light and sound equipment :)

The moral of this story is, never say never because the things that you think you'll never do (go to college or get planted in AR) just might be the things God leads you to do. 
I'm very excited for this next season and will definitely need all the prayers I can get as I will be doing things far out of my comfort zone. 

Well, that's it! I wanted to make sure that the family I didn't get to see over the holidays as well as my friends that have moved away all heard the latest big news on the life of ZuZu Ford. 
Happy New Year!

No comments: